- SCN Treaty Elders Advisory Committee, Chair
- SCN Consultation Committee, Member
- SCN Justice Committee, Member
- SCN Nipiy (Water) Committee, Member
- Bear Hills Industries, President and Chair of Board of Directors
- Maskwacis Ambulance Authority, Board of Directors
- Maskwacis Health Services, Board of Directors
- Mikwan Financial Authority, Board of Directors
- Parcan, Board of Directors
Laurie L. Buffalo is the mother to her only son, Ezra, daughter of Marlene R. Buffalo and Vern Spence. Maternal Grandparents are Dolphus and Louisa Buffalo (nee Whitebear), Paternal Grandparents are Daniel and Edna Spence (nee Hodgson). Laurie is the only daughter of her parents and is the youngest of three older brothers, Cam, Corey and Kyle. Laurie grew up in Maskwacis, attended school and played sports in Samson from Kindergarten to High School.
Ms. Buffalo has been involved in Policy and Treaty Protectorate work for numerous years as an independent contractor, consultant, business owner and entrepreneur and is an avid volunteer with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) the International Organization of Indigenous Resource Development (IOIRD) as an Indigenous human rights technician, Intergovernmental Policy Analyst at the Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations, and served as an Contract Advisor at Assembly of First Nations, as a writer for Alderhill Planning and is currently involved with various initiatives such as the UNESCO International Year of Indigenous Languages which is transitioning over to the UNESCO International Decade of Indigenous Languages 2022 to 2032, is a Panelist with The Next 30 Possibility Panel, and a Co-Researcher on the upcoming Indigenous Disabilities Research Project.